Meet the Governors
A MESSAGE FROM THE CHAIR OF GOVERNORS
Governors at Melbury include local authority and community representatives, staff members and parents with children in the school. Working closely with the Head teacher and all the staff they are responsible for overseeing the smooth running of the School. Governors at Melbury are active and involved and take great pride in the school and its continuing success. They regularly attend school events, monitor the curriculum, attend classes and meet regularly as a group in committees covering finance, strategy and school development.
The Melbury governing body is a strong and hard-working team. All the governors are delighted by the achievements of children in national tests which underlines what a good school this is. At a time when so many schools nationally are suffering problems, the future at Melbury is very bright indeed and governors are not at all surprised that there is a waiting list and that so many parents want their children to come to here.
Governors and all the staff team do know, however, that we need to continue to work hard to strengthen our School still further. Governors promise that they will do all in their power to help create the best possible school for all our children.
Mrs Linda Case
Chair of Governors
Our school motto is: 'Learning for Life - Aiming High to Achieve the Best'. We make this a reality through:
- Good teaching in all classes from Foundation Stage to Year 6.
- Outdoor learning in the class gardens, the wood, field and school grounds.
- Great opportunities for theatre, music, visiting authors, sports coaches and after-school clubs.
In addition to the Head Teacher, the current Governors are:
- Co-opted Governors: Dr Gill Johnson, Mr Miles Williams and Mrs Alison Weaver
- Associate Governor: Mrs C Marshall
- Staff Governor: Mrs Louise Maltby
- Community Governor: Mrs Shelia Hayward
- Parent Governors: Ms Amanda Doughty and Miss Tara Newbold
We will play our part as Governors in making sure that Melbury provides the best possible education for every child.